thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Obedience

I am re-learning that the old testament is all about obedience. Towards the end in the book of Exodus all the people start worshipping an idol while Moses is up on Mt. Sinai talking to God and getting commandments on a couple pieces of stone. All of a sudden God gets really angry and wants to kill all the Israelites who are down the mountain, and Moses has to help God change His mind. He does so, (which is amazing) and when Moses goes down the mountain he sees how disobedient the people have been.

This story reminds me of the truth that faith in God meant living a holy life of obedience to Him.
Today, it is a bit different. Certainly God requires obedience still today, but Jesus Christ offers even more grace. Thank God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home