thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Loving and being loved.


Now I know this a bit strange sounding...but this movie falls into my Top 5 Category of all time. Maybe you have heard me say before that I don't even really like movies that much because I don't like to just sit for 2 hours at a time watching something...I get bored with that really easily if what I'm doing isn't very interesting. But this movie for some reason is different to me. I feel like Tom Hanks plays an awesome role in this movie. Everyone in America knows that he is Forret GUmp. But I think that he displays some of the most amazing character a person has ever displayed. He is an incredibly kind, nice, caring, thoughtful person who just wants everyone to be happy. And his work ethic was incredible.

Now I know that he was developmentally disabled, but he still led a terrific life. He loved and was loved. Aside from accepting the God of the Universe as Savior, isn't that what life is all about? Loving and being loved.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

I was reading this book a few months ago and the author compared Forrest's love for people to Christ's love for us. It's genuine and 'doesn't know any better' but to love us regardless of what we do.

Great flick, it was on TBS last night!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yea I know, Bethany and I watched it and she has only seen it one other time!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home