thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Monday, July 10, 2006

I'm a fundamentalist?

So while reading blogs today, I stumbled across a quiz that basically helps you to understand a little about yourself and your religiuos leanings....that being said I think this quiz is whack....but I'll show results anyways....



You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan.
You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.
var img_str1="";img_str1="";
var result_str1="";
Fundamentalist
71%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
71%
Emergent/Postmodern
68%
Charismatic/Pentecostal
64%
Neo orthodox
64%
Classical Liberal
54%
Reformed Evangelical
50%
Roman Catholic
32%
Modern Liberal
32%


Apparently I have some fundamentalist leanings....and apparently I think that liberal Christianity is going to lead to atheism...(Actually, on this one I tend to agree a bit, I might catch some flack for that) At least, I think liberal Christianity would tend to lead to more atheism than would coservative Christianity...What are your thoughts on the subject?!

I think those who are a bit more liberal might argue that conservatives blindly believe things and don't have any knowledge to back up what they believe. That conservatives aren't skeptical, and that they should be. I think that is poppycock, and even arrogant! (that's right, I just said poppycock)

Liberal thinkers are no better or worse than conservative thinkers...I think that modern liberal theologians are guilty of thinking they are better than everyone else...There is sometimes a certain arrogance that I catch (and sometimes am probably guilt of myself) from liberal thinkers....

Conservative theolgians tend to think they are always right, and are very fundamentalistic...not a good scenario either...

Let me say that I think I am somewhere in the middle of the Liberal views and Conservative Views on faith. And that I don't think there is anything wrong with either type of thinker!

1 Comments:

Blogger JGanschow said...

twins. i found this fairly accurate. it said i was evangelical in the wesleyan tradition/influenced heavily by the methodists also. i grew up in a methodist church and am now a member of an evangelical one. groovy smart computer thingy.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home