thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

That little bird


Today Bethany came over for lunch after her first of three finals. We had some delicious turkey sandwiches (we are trying to go the entire week without spending money on food) and some pretzels with dip. For desert, I had a cinnamon roll and Bethany wanted none of it. I thought she was crazy though.

Then as she prepared to leave, to begin preparation for her second of three finals today, she and I noticed that there was a small bird that appeared to be stuck in my screened in porch. I 'm not sure how it got in there as both doors were completely shut, although the wind could have opened them at any time.

As we tried to "shew" it out of the porch Bethany began to be frightened by this 3 inch long bird. She said, "It's making a mean face" as she cowered behind me. "A mean face?" I responded. This little bird might have weighed 2 ounces. The fear in Bethany, though, was much heavier than that. She was really afraid that this little tiny harmless bird was going to attack and hurt her, or me. But the ping pong paddle in my right hand said otherwise. This bird was not even going to attempt an attack. And if for some reason it did, it would have been whacked with a little bit of backspin, as that is my natural ping-pong stroke.

So if you see Bethany today at Bradley, or anywhere else for that matter in the next few days, ask her about the little bird that almost killed her. Or, at least she thought it was going to attack based upon the look of it's measly little beak.

3 Comments:

Blogger JGanschow said...

birds are the most dangerous of beasts you don't even know. an owl grabbed my face once. but, that's an owl, not a songbird.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Haha. I dont know, it was really pathetic!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey now...this story is a bit embellished. haha, but yes...it was squacking angrily, so just believe it!!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home