thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Wrigley Field, Harry Caray's, and Flight 93

Yesterday I was at beautiful Wrigley Field where I got to watch the Cubs take on the Brewers. Maddux was pitching and the Cubs worked a 6-2 victory. Our seats were not in the bleachers, (for the first time in a long time) but they were on the first baseline...about 4 rows up level with the bullpen pitchers mound. It was a sunny day, warm, and awesome!

Last night for dinner I got to enjoy the best piece of meat I've had in a long time. Harry Caray's restaurant in Chicago serves the greatest cuts of beef I've ever tasted before. I had the 23 oz. bone-in rib eye. Cooked to medium-well, I didn't even need a knife to cut through this beast....It was mouth wateringly good...If you ever go there and don't know what to order...do yourself a favor and order the bone-in rib eye!

And finally....the movie Flight 93. I haven't seen this movie yet, but I'd still like to. I've heard some dispute from both political sides, republicans mostly saying that Americans need to see this movie, and the drive by media (left wingers) saying that it's too soon. Here is my opinion...

I think that while yes, it is soon after the attacks...this is a movie that Americans need to see. It put things into perspective as to what freedom means, and that it really is not free. Now, I am not suggesting that those who died and were affected as a result of Sept. 11 deserved what happened....but as a result of what happened, we need to take a closer look at the way we feel about freedom. I think Americans have already forgotten what happened on that day, and the sad thing is, it will happen again. Freedom isn't free and those on that plane did one of the most courageous things that any American, (or any person of any citizenship) could have done. I, for one, am solemnly looking forward to seeing this movie...I hope that it helps me to view my freedom as an amazing gift and to remember those who have died representing freedom for this country. It seems the liberal media is opposed to this movie for two reasons:

1. They think it's too soon to be "Hollywoodizing" a Tragic American event.
2. They don't want anything that boosts American Moral to happen when a democrat is not in office.

This second reason might get me into some trouble, so again, this is just my opinion...but when I watch the news or listen to talk radio, sometimes it sounds like they celebrate American defeat because that means GWB has failed at something. Sometimes it seems to me that they care about their personal agendas more than they care about people. I've heard liberal talk show hosts basically celebrate American soldier deaths in Iraq just to try to throw another stone at GWB. How sad?!

This post shows off my conservative side much more than I probably actually am. I get so sick and tired of Republicans and Democrats arguing and trying to "one up" each other. It times of crisis, we should become more united than we have in the past 5 years. Democrats have simply complained about Bush instead of supporting our president. I'm not saying you have to like him, but he is the president...It will be funny to see how Republicans respond the next time Democrat holds the presidential office. I think it will be completely different, or at least I hope so... I don't think Republicans will think the only thing we can do to better the country is to complain about the president. Some people should be ashamed of themselves...not every democrat, I am very much so a liberal republican...but some people who pathetically hold influence over the people that listen to them are doing much more harm then they are good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home