thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Monday, May 01, 2006

John the Baptist

I am reading through the book of Matthew and I was reading in Matthew 3 today where John baptized Jesus. During this time when someone was baptized, John was the one who was likely to do it in Nazareth. One day Jesus went from Galilee to the Jordan River and wanted John to baptise him. John was reluctant...I mean come on...How weird that the Messiah whom he himself had been prophesying wants to be baptized. Of course John didn't feel comfortable baptizing Jesus. John knew it should have been the other way around. So my thought of the day today is about what John must have been thinking and feeling when Jesus came to be baptized. What types of thoughts were running through his head?

2 Comments:

Blogger swishthedish said...

do you think Jesus was sprinkled or dunked?

10:26 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

definitely dunked

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home