thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Elizabethtown


Bethany and I were bored tonight, and the friend front was quiet, so we rented a movie that a friend of ours suggested. The movie Elizabethtown is about a man who has no idea about the life he has already missed and the love he never knew. I must say that for the first 30 minutes of this flick I was a bit bored, even giving it time mandates as to when it better pick up or else. Or else I would turn it off and watch Sportscenter or something.

It ended up being one of the most beautiful stories that unfolded. Orlando Bloom plays a young man who meets a woman (Kirsten Dunst I think, not sure about spelling her last name) and the two fall in love. But this isn't the whole point of the movie. The movie is about her being that person who is able to show him everything he missed in life. He goes on a journey with his dead father's ashes in an urn next to him as he travels the country. He apparently learns a lot about life, about love, and about the girl of his dreams. The coolest part is that the focus wasn't on the love story, but that it was on the individuals finding themselves. They just so happened to find themselves through each other. So, go check out this movie if you haven't already. Give it more than thirty minutes or you won't like it...

3 Comments:

Blogger Megan D. Crow said...

Thats interesting you say that I really didnt like that movie...I saw it in the theatre and was bored the whole time!
A movie to check out that also unexpectedly good is "The Prize Winner" with Julianna Moore..last time I saw it was still in the new releases at Blockbuster...it seems like its going to be really cheesy but it turns out really good...even David liked it!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It is a difficult one to stay tuned to. I agree that at least the first 30 minutes of the movie were less than captivating...I give it a B for a good ending and a slow start...

9:23 PM  
Blogger swishthedish said...

HA, guess what Blockbuster movie is sitting on my desk right now.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home