thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Ipod Fixed for $15???


Okay, so today I got some terrific news. My ipod only needs a new headphone jack, which will only cost $15. How freaking awesome is that? I was pretty pumped. I will be getting it back in about 5 business days...no more CD's in my car baby!!!!

I was so encouraged today by a passage in Luke 15. It is the story of the prodigal son. Basically, the younger son asked for his inheritance from his father early, the father gave it to him and then the son ran off spending the money on whatever he wanted. I like to call this passage, "Prodigal Son Gone Wild" because the reality is that this son lived the wild life...probably getting durnk all the time, entertaining prostitutes, strippers, whatever he could find that would please him. His money slowly began to run out and he began to be in need. He decided to come home to where his father lived. Not expecting a great reception from his family, he probably braced himself for the worst. But, as soon as came in sight of his house and farm, his father came running...he didnt care where his son had been, how much money hen lost, how many STD's he probably acquired...he only cared that his son was back. This is it folks! This is the way God pictures us. He doesn't care what we have done. He doesn't care how nasty we have been. He is constantly chasing after us, hoping to embrace us...it is up to us to put down our pride and realize that God doesn't care about our past...He only cares about us and our future. How cool is that???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home