thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Friday, January 20, 2006

We can't dazzle God!


An excerpt from the Raggamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning:

"How long will it be before we realize that we cannot dazzle God with our accomplishments? When we will acknowledge that we need not and cannot buy God's favor? When we will acknowledge that we don't have it all together and happily accept the gift of grace? When will we grasp the thrilling truth of Paul, "'We acknowledge that what makes a man righteous is not obedience to the Law, but faith in Jesus Christ"' (Galatians 2:16)"

It seems like I go through each day with the mindset, "what am I going to accomplish today?" It is in those accomplishments that I feel like I worship God, whether it is with schoolwork, reading the Bible, worshipping God, meeting with college students, etc...Something very profound hit me today. I am because of God. I live and move and breathe because of God. I take a lot for granted.

Perhaps the mindset I should have beginning every day should look something more like this, "God, you are God. Thank you for speaking to me. I am weak, sinful and gross. You hold the power, you hold the grace. Thank you for being so good to me, I don't deserve it. Hopefully I can know you better today than yesterday."

It is when I start thinking in terms of getting things done that I get distracted.

1 Comments:

Blogger erichapman said...

do you have this book?
if you do, can i borrow it???

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home