thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Dancing like a moron.


On my way to work this morning I was listening to Coldplay's Rush of Blood to the Head and I couldn't help but wonder, "Is Chris Martin (Lead singer of Clodplay) worshipping God while he plays, and yet he doesn't even know it?" To see this guy play music is like watching a a person serve God with their abilities. There seems to be something spectacular about the way this guy plays. If you've ever seen him live (you are very lucky) you have probably noticed that he plays with passion, he dances around at the piano, he dances with his guitar, he sings loud, he jams...he is loving every second of what he is doing. It makes me think that this guy knows something. He knows there is something else out there. He understands that he is making something beautiful. Maybe more, he feels it. While he is playing, he gets it. He understands. I wish that I could get it like Chris Martin does. It must be awesome to be so passionate about something it makes you dance and make weird faces and not care what you look like. I don't know if this guy is a Christian, but I guarantee if he is not a Christian, God is still pleased with him while he is doing what he loves. I guarantee that God loves to see us doing what we were made to do.

Dave Matthews is the same way. Now I know Dave is a bit more...how do you say...more out there than most. But if you've ever seen him live, you understand. He loves what he is doing to the point where he is dancing and looking like a moron. I wish I could do that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home