thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Genesis 24-Why can't I have such great faith?

I was reading today in Genesis chapter 24 and was amazed at a few things that in previous reading, had overlooked. The first thing that amazed me was how faithful Abraham's servant Eliezer was. Here he is summoned by Abraham to go back to his master's homeland, and to find a wife for Isaac. Now, not only did he obey what Abraham told him to do, the next thing he did was incredible. Shortly after he had gotten into the city where Abraham told him to go, he began to pray EXPECTINGLY asking God to show him something SPECIFIC. Sure enough, God showed Eliezer exactly what he asked Him to. Now, after Eliezer talked to Rebekkah, she invited him back to her house with her family. Her family AGREED that this was from God and that she should go back with the servant to marry Isaac. This is the second amazing part. Her family had such ana amazing faith that this is what God had for Rebekkah that they just let her go. Why can't I have such an amazing faith?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home