thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

"I hope you all get bit by a freakin crocodile"...

So tonight on Survivor, Judd got voted out...thankfully. He is an idiot. As he was leaving, he said, "I hope you all get bit by a freakin crocodile" That was one of the funniest things I've heard in a while. Unfortunately there are not any characters left on the show that make it worth watching...although I do have a strong passion of dis-likeness for Steph...

I had breakfast with a former co-worker today. Someone I worked in ministry with for a while. It was good to catch up. Some interesting thoughts about that:
Pekin is not a white collar city, in fact, to minister in Pekin is to minister in a simple way. Pekin does not have many rich people, so why have a ministry that caters to people who have a lot of money...interesting thoughts...
FBC is not like Northwoods. Northwoods consists primarily of white collar business men and women. It makes perfect sense that the ministry there is very much so catered to that type of person. It seems to me that a lot of churches try to mimick or copy other successful churches. What a mistake. Churches are successful because what they are doing is relevant in their community. It is the job of the church to be as relevant to the community as they possibly can. We should stop wasting time trying to do what other churches have done to be successful, because chances are, it's not going to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home