thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Friday, October 28, 2005

This is interesting...

Perhaps every democratic senator thinks that Miers stepping down forom the Supreme Court nomination is a direct result of pressure from the far right ring. They also think that that there was not enough "conversation" about who should be nominated in the first place. How idiotic when one of the first people to be seen with Miers is a democrat proudly boasting, "I said this should happen". I love how some people are stupid.

I have come to a new point in my walk with GOd, where I have found a new favorite passage. It is in Hebrews chapter 4...the last paragraph...

The High Priest Who Cried Out in Pain

14Now that we know what we have--Jesus, this great High Priest with ready access to God--let's not let it slip through our fingers. 15We don't have a priest who is out of touch with our reality. He's been through weakness and testing, experienced it all--all but the sin. 16So let's walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help.

I love this because it pretty much shows salvation in a small picture and defines Jesus as someone who has been there and has understodd what I am going through this very minute. It's pretty awesome that we can have eternity with God for only living for Him while we are here.

This weekend should be interesting. I am supposed to work tomorrow, however, Bethany and I made plans to do something most of the day, and well, my place of work is going to fire me soon anyways, I think I'll just call in tomorrow. If they are gonna get me, I want to get them first. (Wow, in light of the last idea on here about my favorite verse, this seems to be an odd "next topic")

I hate the White Sox

As for the Packers, I do not know who they play this week, which is odd because that is my only sports fun for a while...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home