thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Believe me vs. Follow me

I have had some discussions on this topic in recent conversations with people. My house group has had some questions about Jesus, whether believing in Him and saying a prayer is the only way that someone knows Jesus or if there are some people who don't pray a prayer but live their life following after Jesus is a way to God, and ultimately Heaven.

Take a look at the Gospels. Jesus says 5 times "Believe in me!" He says 20 times, "Follow me!"
In both instances He is talking about salvation. It is interesting to me because this means that Jesus put more emphasis on following after Jesus than He did on just believing in Him.

Put short: Lot's of people BELIEVE in Jesus. But far fewer follow after Him with their lives. I don't care if I prayed a prayer...I care about following after Him.

1 Comments:

Blogger JGanschow said...

That is a great point. Be sure to bring that up Thursday! I think the whole "E4" thing will put this to practice.
This begs the question however, do people who live "good lives," as an embodiment of the life Christ tells us to live, but who are not Christians still have a shot at heaven?

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home