thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Hardest phone calls I've ever made

Today I finalized my plans for my post-college graduation life. As of December 11th, 2006, I have accepted a position with Northwoods Community Church to work with college students, jr high students, and some with high school students. I know that sounds like a lot, but we have a plan in place to make sure that it does not become 70-80 hours a week.

I am incredibly excited about the opportunity to serve at Northwoods full-time and am really thankful that thins have worked out the way they have!

That being said, today I had to make the most difficult phone calls of my life.

I received an offer from Youth For Christ to be the Pekin Campus Director. After much prayer and a lot of question asking, I turned down this offer to be at Northwoods.

But part of the process of saying ''no'' to YFC was telling two people that admire and respect a LOT!

Over the past month I have been blessed incredibly by YFC as I have pursued God's will in my life. Because they are such an amazing organization it was incredibly difficult to tell them of my plans. The world needs to know that Jeff Ringenberg is a man after God's own heart. He is a man of great integrity and heart whom I respect a great deal. And Jake Bland is a close friend of mine who I respect and love like a brother. I had to tell these two guys thanks, but no thanks. That was really hard for me to do.

So I tell you all of this to celebrate what God has been up to me in me, and to plead for you to pray for YFC as they continue to journey to tell students about Jesus. Pray specifically for Pekin and for Jake. Jake is being stretched because there is not a campus director at Pekin. He is doing two jobs.

I want to thank all of those who have been praying for me through this process and to tell you that I appreciate you.

And now that college is done (at least undergrad) I vow to be more active on here than I have in the past two months.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger JGanschow said...

Chris,
I am so excited and thankful that you will still be at Northwoods and look forward to working with you in Reality! You have grown so much in the short time I've known you. Congratulations again!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home