thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Casting out Demons

I was reading in Matthew a minute ago where Jesus heals two demon-possessed men. Jesus was in the region of Gadarenes and two men who were demon possessed met him. These guys lived in a cemetery and no one ever went passed them because they were so afraid of them. But when Jesus came through these men met him and immediately recognized that He was Jesus (God) and that they were in a bit of trouble.

Instantly they begin pleading with Jesus to cast them out into a nearby herd of pigs. So Jesus obliged and threw their spirits into said pigs and watched them plunge down a hillside into a lake.

What I find interesting about this passage is not that Jesus was able to cast these demons out, but instead that these demons KNEW what was coming. They knew that Jesus was going to do what He did, and they begged Him to basically be nice in the way that He did it.

How awesome is it that Jesus was/IS so powerful that not even demons could/CAN stand against Him!

1 Comments:

Blogger nick said...

We actually just talked about this story in my NewTestament class. It's an unbelievable showcase of Christ's power. I can hardly imagine what the locals would have thought when an entire herd of pigs drowned. Complete terror.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home