thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Two weeks in a new softball league...


...two weeks with injuries.

We lost our first fall league softball game 17-7. In that game I injured my right quardriceps muscle by making a running catch and when I caught the ball, I hit the shortstop. Actually, the shortstop's (Kevin Sletten) head hit my my quad. He was also running at full speed. So, for the next several days I was limping around.

Last night, we lost our game 7-6. I got injured when I was running on the bases. I was on first base, and the batter up hit a basehit to left field. I tried to go first-to-third on the play and was safe on an awkward slide. When the third baseman caught the ball, he turned to tag me, and when he did, he tripped over my body and "His fatness" landed on my left arm, causing it to hyper-extend and at least stretch out some tendons in my left arm. Hopefully there was tear, but I definitely heard and felt a slight "pop". Doctors appointment to follow on Monday.

All this to say, this new softball league hasn't been very nice yet. So far we are 0-2, and I am in the middle of a 2 game injury streak.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a good reason that your pic showed chics playing softball...are you saying something about yourself? your team?

9:58 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

the thirs baseman is cearly a guy...however, the long hair on the person sliding seems to indicate a female...oh well...

and maybe, maybe our team is bad.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home