thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Friday, July 28, 2006

The bad morning


This morning I knew I had to be at Midas at 8:00 to get my car fixed. I was told yesterday it would only take an hour to an hour and a half to fix it SINCE I MADE AN APPOINTMENT.

I get there first thing in the morning, drop my car off, and decide to wait...a half-hour goes by...nothing, my car doesn't even move...so I decide to ask the woman working at the front desk if there was a problem or a reason they haven't looked at my car yet...

She tells me that there were about 6 cars left over from the day before and that they wouldn't be able to get to my car until later in the afternoon...she also said, "I wondered why you were just sitting there"

This is when I lost it...sort of...

So I said, "This is why people make appointments, to avoid this sort of thing. When you make an appointment, you make a verbal agreement to something." She had nothing to say to this...so I just decided...oh well, I guess I'll walk/jog home...in my FLIP FLOPS AND JEANS AND POLO SHIRT.

It ended up being over 2.5 miles to my house...and I had to sweat my butt off because someone didn't keep their appointment.

Not only did I pay $424.00 to get my car fixed, I got to sweat all morning running/walking home in FLIP FLOPS.

"Trust the Midas Touch"--Yeah, whatever!

2 Comments:

Blogger swishthedish said...

Jerry: I don't understand. Do you have my reservation?
Rental Car Agent: We have your reservation, we just ran out of cars.
Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation.
Rental Car Agent: I think I know why we have reservations.
Jerry: I don't think you do. You see, you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

amen, brother...amen

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home