thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Strange Week


This week has been a strange one. I got in an accident a little over a week ago...(which wasn't my fault and couldn't be avoided). There has been a lot of work to do since Charlie was in Colorado. And now all three of my summer classes are in full swing. This is going to be a crazy summer. I initially wanted to work more than the part-time hours I work for the church (because I feel like a bum because all my friends work more than me and make more money) but I think it is going to be worth it so I can graduate after the fall semester.

I am currently in the worst slump of my slow pitch softball career (a career that spans 5 years). Over my last two games I am combined total of 0-7 with 1 RBI. I have gone 8 plate appearances without reaching first base safely. Now you need to know that I am not horrible at softball. Humility at stake here, I am pretty good at softball. That is why going 0-7 in two games makes me almost laugh. Ah well, at least it gives me something to be nervous about every time I step to the plate.

This woman is using the exact same bat that I use. However, I assure you that I haven't swung and missed yet...That may be soon to come however.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris - I have no idea why on a Saturday night at 10:15 I stumbled upon your blog. Anyway keep up the plate appearances...I'm sure eventually you'll face a pitcher so bad that even YOU will take a walk. Good luck!!!

Pick

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home