thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Mowing and working out


So as I stated earlier today I needed to mow the back yard desperately. It was getting really long and I knew that if it rained a couple more days, I would be totally up a creek without a paddle if I didn't mow today.

So I did, as fast as I could, and then I decided to work out. You might be wondering why it seems like my day has been chronicled to this point, but I promise this post has a purpose for me to write it down...

So I did my usual routine with the weights, (going on 4 months consistently, lost a few lbs...I needed to get in shape a bit) and then I decided to run. I looked outside and noticed it was getting a bit "dark" as the ever so ominous clouds approached. I had a burst of energy and was feeling a bit "pumped up" from lifting (a great workout today) so I decided to go for it. I got about 1/2 mile in to my 1.5 mile run and it started pouring...then about 1 minute later (after I had decided to just keep running through the rain) the sirens started blaring. It was at this moment that I decided to turn back. It got pretty windy there for a few minutes. As I was approaching my house, I noticed tree limbs down everywhere and our mailbox had acutally blown off its post.

So perhaps it was a dumb move to go running this afternoon. But it was kind of fun to run in the rain.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

So just reading your post makes me want to go out and run. And let me make this clear...i DO NOT run. But to have you be so dedicated to completing your task regardlesss of the hurricane..I need to run. ;o)

Oh and I am game for the YL party!!! Just let me know when!! and what I need to do!

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home