thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Monday, May 22, 2006

I hate cars

I have never been in a big fan of automobiles. For one, it seems that I have never had a car that gave me no problems...the issue for me is that I see "regular maintenance" as problems. Today I spent $230 getting my oil changed and getting two new front rodors and brake pads. The really crappy part is that I need two more rodors and two sets of brake pads as well as to get my front wheels aligned and a new tie rod. The total bill for me is over $600, of which I have maybe $300. Now I have a credit card, but that has been used too much lately and I really don't want to continue to pile onto that debt leach. I keep saying to myself, "You graduate in December, you'll be able to pay off your CC debt with graduation money". But I don't want to rely on that to pay off my CC debt. Further, at some point I want to move out, buy a motorcycle, and eventually some expensive jewelry. So I guess I better start saving my money, maybe get another job, if I want to do be able to accomplish all of these things that cost a good amount of money. Some day...some day...

3 Comments:

Blogger JGanschow said...

RUN AWAY FROM CREDIT CARDS!!! I told myself the same thing and now I am drowing in debt. It seems VERY easy to say, oh I'll have the money in the future. Well, the future is here, and even though I have a better job, the payments are not easy to make. Alot of that car stuff you can do yourself or with a friend with a little mechanical prowess. Ask around. Mechanics LOVE doing "extra" stuff and charging "extra." Your rotors should be fine unless you've got bad squealing or grinding. A good set of brake pads is only $60. Good luck bro, and let me know if I can help with any of that stuff.

4:34 PM  
Blogger erichapman said...

i've seen your hatred of automobiles.

that truck was gonna get it!!!

...if only you had aim better than the average cubs fan.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

To Justin:

I replaced two rotos today and brake pads...($200)...and I've got another set of pads and rotors left to replace...if you wanna mess around...I'm free anytime to learn!!!

To Eric:

Hahahahahahaha........

hahahahahaha

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home