thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Finally...something good happens to me

So I was minding my own business today when I received notification from my brother Aaron that I should go upstairs because there was a check from the IRS waiting for me. Now, if you have heard me talk about taxes and how much they suck for me, you'll know I wasn't expecting anything from Uncle Sam.

In fact, I remember having to pay a total of $30 to the state and federal governments.

Anyhow, I got enough back to pay for the new brakes, rotors, and wheel alignment I need on my car. This was money I thought before that I wouldn't have and have to end up putting on my credit card or some other way...But God is good. I have to say that this is probably the first time that I have felt really blessed financially. (Since I started tithing regularly). So, the lesson....tithe regularly...God will give you back in ways you didn't see coming or think possible.



On another note, I am reading a book called Experiencing Ministry Supervision as part of my internship requirements through Moody. I have to have this book finished in like 2 days and a 5 page paper written about it...YIKES!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger JGanschow said...

Amen. I am constantly amazed by what God will do if you are faithful. What's even more incredible to me is that He alows us to challenge him when it comes to finances. It's in those times when you think you're going to come up short at the end of the month, but you give anyway, that an unexpected chunk of change shows up just in the knick of time. God is good!

9:04 AM  
Blogger swishthedish said...

I understand where you're coming from but I don't like the idea of a vending machine God. Could that check have come even if you weren't tithing?

12:26 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm sorry if I offended you by giving credit to God when I felt God did something good in my life. I didn't come close to saying God is a "vending machine." I made it a point to say that this is the first time I can remember feeling financially blessed in a long time. That hardly constitues God being a "vender."

3:27 PM  
Blogger swishthedish said...

you didn't offend me at all. I was just asking a question.

"So, the lesson....tithe regularly...God will give you back in ways you didn't see coming or think possible."

That just sounded like "put something in and get something back"

3:38 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Not talking about money...all over Scripture God blesses those who are faithful.

11:06 PM  
Blogger charlesdean2 said...

Why are people so afraid of God's blessing? I'm no "health & wealth" guy, but at the same time, don't we believe that God blesses the faithful? What's wrong with that?

7:16 AM  
Blogger swishthedish said...

it's tough because there's always those guys who are faithful to God their whole lives and then walk outside one day and get hit by a bus

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home