thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Monday, June 05, 2006

How often is it normal to have a crappy day?

So I haven't had the best of the past few days....driving around in a rental car that is a bit broken in itself...I thought that was the purpose of the rental car..to drive while your car is broken...meehh...

I am having a difficulty communicating with people recently. At least, it seems like I am struggling to say the things I mean to say...

How often is it okay to have a bad day? Or better yet, how often is it normal? I feel like I have had too many bad days lately. Sometimes it seems like I am unhappy for no reason. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

Life in general just feels a little "blah" right now. Things are going all right...everything is normal...I just want more of something...


maybe i want more of God
life has just slowed down recently and i have found myself thinking about life more often
i don't think it's bad to think about life, but can you think too much about the things that are going on immediately around you?
do i Love what i am doing right now? i don't know, maybe. i at least like it a lot.

How do you refresh yourself? How do you renew your soul?
Why can it be so easy to slip into a short term depressive state? (i'm not really depressed...just down the last couple of days...so don't worry about me!!)
So how do i get refreshed?

6 Comments:

Blogger erichapman said...

dude... if i knew the answer to that question, i would box it up, market it, and sell it like hotcakes!

8:34 PM  
Blogger cynthia brown said...

whenever i seem to be having a lot of bad days it starts really effecting my way of thinking. i'm no longer positive but see everything as a pessimist. so i go outside to my basketball court and i start walking in a circle (a fairly large one so i don't get dizzy). and i keep walking in the same direction (clockwise or counter it doesn't matter) and i think about everything in the past couple of days/weeks that has really bugged me. and i let myself complain as if i was talking to a person in front of me (yes, i talk out loud). and you picture yourself in this one-way directional circle of bad luck. now reverse the circle. start walking in a different direction. and start thinking of everything positive that's happened in those days/weeks. tell yourself what you need to do to fix anything that happened during this "depressive thinking time" and make a committment to keep going in this "positive thinking direction." i have no idea why this works but it's a mind over matter type of thing and it's been a mindsaver for me everytime. a wise friend suggested it to me once...

8:49 AM  
Blogger JGanschow said...

i average about 1 a week. usually mondays. i feel worthless, aggrevated, and/or unworthy. I don't know why it happens either, accept that I think I let the world get to me. Wednesday night church usually brings me back up. I guess that I allow the stress of life to take me away from God-like building a wall and I need that time with him to dismantle it. That ALWAYS helps me. Hope you are feeling better buddy.

10:08 AM  
Blogger swishthedish said...

prozac dude, prozac

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home