thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Getting Old

I have found that even though I am only 21 years old, I am old. It seems like I am tired much too often...and the funny thing is I don't even work full time yet. I don't even go to a school, but I have to do a lot of reading and studying on my own just to pass my classes. A part of me wishes that I was on the campus of a college, but another part of me is so glad that I am where I am at. When I look at things overall I am glad where life has brought me.

It is exciting to see what God is doing in my life, and what He is doing in the lives of the people that I am closest with. Perhaps there is a bigger purpose to why I am at home finishing school online and not on a campus. There must be. I hope that someone close to me who knows that I love Jesus will see that and desire it for themselves. The stigma that has to get out of their mind is that Christians are perfect and that's what being a Christian entails. In fact, that is exactly the opposite of what being a Christian means. In my plainest definition, being a Christian means seeing that you don't have it all together, realizing that you need help, and realizing that you'll need help the rest of your life. Salvation is not a one time decision. It effects you every day of your life......

2 Comments:

Blogger erichapman said...

dude... you're so right.

i want to write a book on the definition of being a christian, and when i do, i want to quote that.

do you mind if i plagarize and say that john stamos told me that?

1:01 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I would prefer you quote Tonya Harding instead of John Stamos

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home