thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Formulas


I had tot ake a Math test yesterday for the math class I am taking through ICC. This class is fun because I've been able to take it without opening my book. I love easy online classes. But yesterday I had to take the "Final" at ICC. We could take a notecard putting on it whatever we want...so I thought I'd put the formulas for area and perimeter on it. Well, Bethany called me early yesterday to wish me good luck. During this conversation I thought I'd check her ability to remember formulas from high school...

The next few minutes I found out just how much of a nerd Bethany is...


"What is the formula for the area of a trapezoid?"

"Umm....1/2 b x h"

"What is the formula for the perimeter of a sphere?"

"umm...pie x r x d"

This sort of logical nonsense went out for four or five formulas that the normal person should not know. Now, I can understand if you're into construction, or have ever built something. Then some of these might be useful. But for a person who has never constructed anything beyond a neat card or a note folded into a triangle, this is a bit ridiculous, isn't it?

So here's to you Bethany....the biggest nerd I know!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger swishthedish said...

yeah, she's definitely up there

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhhh...you need a FORMULA to figure out perimter?

not the sharpest knife in the drawer, eh?

you must be going in to ministry seeing as how you're such a math whiz

signed,
calculator boy

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, i think you should submit your scientific anomoly girlfriend to a jeopardy-esque gameshow. It could work out for you in the end. At least that's what i would do.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so this is going to increase my nerd radar...but actually you did not quote me right and those formulas are incorrect. haha...area of a trapezoid is: 1/2(base 1 + base 2) x height. And then the circumference/perimeter of a circle is pie x d.
....and i'm a loser. LOL:)
~Bethany

3:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

PPPAAAAA--THEEEEE----TTTIIICCC

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home