thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Kickball

I just watched the nooma video Kickball. It is a video by Rob Bell that basically begs the question, "Why do I not get what I want". I think, for me, I ask this question a lot. I want something more...pretty much all the time. I want a better relationship with God, with my family, with friends, with Bethany. Now it's not that any of these relationships are bad, I just want them to be better. Or sometimes I just plain want something. Sometimes I want something and don't understand why God won't or hasn't allowed it to me.

It's so easy to ask the question, "Where is what I want?" What I often don't ask is, "What am I doing with what I have?" and "Why do I have what I have?" It's vitally important for me to understand that since life is a journey, there are going to be ups and downs, peaks and valleys, times where life is great, and times where life simply sucks. But the one thing that I want to remain constantly assured in is the fact that God is good. Life can be going terribly wrong, relationships can be going bad, but amidst all that, God is good. And He wants me to work with what He's allowed to me. I'm not saying that we shouldn't work for better things and bigger goals.

But I am saying that God allows us what He wants us to have.
And that in every situation, though maybe not understandably so, God is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home