thoughts, rants, cravings, and dreams

Do you ever wonder? This is my wondering lab. I need it. Life gets too busy and hectic, and I need this...

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

I am a 22 year old searching for my niche in the world. I am a recent graduate of Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelors of Science in Biblical Studies. I work at Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, Illinois with college students and jr. high students.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Phone Conversations

Why is it that I hate talking to people on the phone that I don't know? Okay, okay, so maybe hate isn't the right word here...But I struggle to speak to people that I don't know over the phone. There is something about the phone that is weird to me. I feel like a psycho path sitting with a cluny thing on my face speaking into a small microphone. I mean come on, the whole idea just seems a bit off, doesn't it? I feel totally uncomfortable on the phone with people I meeting for the first time. I hate the way my voice sounds on an answering machine. But who doesn't? I got off the phone with someone that I don't know a minute ago and I feel like a complete idiot. I stumbled through most of what I wanted to say to this person. They must of thought that I am a complete moron. Oh well.
I say we go back to the old days when we only talk to people in person. Or better yet, lets only talk to people via email. It's so weird sometimes...in the office, instead of getting up and walking over 10 minute to tell Charlie something or to ask him something, I'll shoot him an email instead. How impersonal have we gotten? I hate the fact that I don't sit down with many people to talk with them anymore. Instead I get online and as quickly as I can I write something to them. How ridiculous is this?!?!

1 Comments:

Blogger erichapman said...

dude, i know EXACTLY what you're talking about!

charlie gave me this kid's number to talk to early this week, and i have yet to call him.

man i hate the phone.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home